Sunday 4 September 2011

Europe Trip #6: Welcome to Berlin - Brandenburger Tor

Part of my "day 1" sightseeing was to go to Brandenburger Tor [Brandenburg Gate]. To say that it is impressive would be an understatement. I know that Europe is full of these old buildings and monuments, but this would be one of the more recognisable.

Take a look at the sky - it is blue. Very blue. It was also very hot! I was dressed in my nice new jeans and a shirt that I sister made me buy in London [yeah, Rochelle has more taste than me!], and as I struggled back to my hotel several hours later, I noticed that the temperature gauge was up to 28 deg! Ouch! I rested for a couple of hours in my [non air conditioned but still slightly cooler] hotel room, thinking it would cool down a bit. At 5pm when I went out for dinner, it was 30 deg!! At least it had cooled down somewhat by around 7:30, when it was down to 29 deg :-( Shorts, sandals and t-shirt for me tomorrow!

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking. The first 2 are different views of the gate, the last as I crossed StraBe des 17. Juni while walking back from the Siegessäule [Victory Column].




No comments: