Tuesday 13 September 2011

Europe Trip 2011 #27: Prague day 3 wanderings

Today started off with a wander up to Wenceslas Square, and decided to go to an impressive looking museum. You'll see from the picture that it looks at least as big as Te Papa Tongawera/ The Museum of New Zealand, and I thought that it would be a good look around, not to mention some shade from the sun! There was an advert for a butterfly exhibition, but I didn't let that put me off [it certainly wasn't an encouragement!]. At CZK60 [about NZD$4] it was cheap. Unfortunately, despite going to level 3 for the exhibits, it consisted of a whole two [!] exhibitions, the butterflies and an exhibition on antibiotics. Very sad. I think my ticket could have been used to get in to some related museums, but I was not that keen so decided to go wandering instead.

I decided to go for a wander away from the main tourist areas this morning which was really nice. I came across a small island [there are several of them in the river], which had bridge access and a combination of nice views and some welcome shade!

Prague is hot at this time of the year! It has been getting so hot in Prague that I've generally been calling it a day around 1pm each day, having a rest, then going for in the evening for a while. This at least makes it bearable, although it can still be in the late 20's around 6-7pm. Today was a little cooler and quite nice at around 20 degrees when I went for dinner this evening.

Anyway, here are the pictures. the first is the impressive museum building. Note the second picture. It was advertising pedal and row boats. I'm not sure exactly how to take this - perhaps all river trips are to be done naked? In any case, it is clear that the men are required to do all the work!

The last photo is some general statue I saw on the way back to the hotel.







No comments: