Monday 5 September 2011

Europe Trip # 10: Visit to the Deutsches Technikmuseum

Today's big trip [well, ok, a 30 minute walk in each direction] was a visit to the Deutsches Technikmuseum, or German Museum of Technology. I had read their website before goin and was really looking forward to seeing many of the aviation exhibits [which will be covered in my other blog, www.flying.geek.nz]. I was however very surprised to see a large number of other worthwhile exhibits, covering trains, buses, some cars, photography, cinematography, computing, shipping and more. I didn't get a lot of photos of these other exhibits [far too interested in the planes!].

A big surprise was that for weekends [or is it just Sundays?] in September, they are running their own 10 minute vintage train ride to another site which houses a large number of trains, buses, cars, even a tank! This was included in the cheap EUR6 entry fee, so an extremely reasonable day out. Actually, this would have to be in the running for "Rodney's World Travels And Other Grandiose Stuff Value For Money Award 2011" :-)

A further big surprise was the Enigma machine. Anyway, here are a few photos. If I run out of things to do in Berlin [unlikely I might add], then I might just head back for another look. Well worth a visit if you're a train spotter [I'm NOT one!] :-)





No comments: