Monday 28 September 2009

Europe Trip #19: London - 4 - Buckingham Palace

A couple of days after arriving in London, we decided to go for a walk to Buckingham Palace, via Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. Thankfully, being a weekday, there were not the massive crowds that I expected at the palace, so it was easy to get a good look.

Actually, after multiple warnings of how busy the city is, there was hardly any time that I felt I was in a big crowd - no matter if it was a week day or a weekend...? Perhaps this is because September really is the end of the summer tourist season, and from what I understand, all of the schools were back also.

Anyway, on to the photos. The first one is of the Palace. The second is of a statue opposite the entrance to the Palace. The third of of some police and soldiers on horseback as we walked back to a tube station.

Lastly, and I can't tell you where I saw this [or I'd have to kill you...], but I may have found an American government organisation's secret hideout! :-)

No comments: