Wednesday 9 September 2009

Europe Trip #1: English B&B

I´ve finally started my big trip to England/ Europe!

I arrived in England [along with my parents] on 3 September at London Heathrow airport. After being met by my sister, we jumped in a car and commenced a 4 hour road trip to our first overnight stay. It´s fair to say that I was stuffed after the plane ride [4 hours sleep in 30 hours of travel], but I managed to stay awake until night time and, apart from a little tiredness the next day, have not suffered from any jetlag at all!

The first night was spent at a B&B in the middle of nowhere at a place call Landscove which is near Ashburton. The B&B is called ´Blackler Barton´ [the Brits have this odd habit of giving their homes a name]. It´s a little odd being in a building of which parts are up to 500 years old! It was comfortable though and I managed a good night´s sleep.

The roads around here are crazy! People complain about the roads in New Zealand, but with the exception of the English motorways which seem to be superb, the roads in New Zealand are at least as good. As an example, the second of the pictures below shows the road to/ from the B&B!!

The first picture is of the B&B, the second of the road to/ from the B&B.

No comments: