Tuesday 18 September 2012

Walking around Glasgow #1

In my first full day spent in Glasgow, I did my usual trick of going for a wee walk.

Glasgow is an interesting city. A mixture of very old and very new buildings, and lots of little hills :-) apart from when walking beside the River Clyde, it often seemed as though I was going up or down a bit. Don't tell anyway, but I think I got a bit of exercise... ha ha ha!

I spent a fair amount of time by the river. Most of the time it was possible to walk right beside the river, and there were a large number of bridges (at least 5 or 6 suitable for walking over, plus a dedicated rail bridge) just in the areas I wandered along.

The photos show some of the sights along the river and in town. Take a look at the last three; the first of these looks a wee bit like part of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the second looks like a round stadium, a wee bit like the Caketin... ok, maybe just a little! The inscription on the final image says "All Greatness Stands Firm in the Storm".

Enjoy!















No comments: