Sunday 16 June 2013

Europe Trip 2013: Visiting Tallinn

Two days ago I started looking around Tallinn and took the opportunity to have a quick walk around part of the Old Town centre, then get a Hop-On, Hop-Off bus for a look at the wider city area. I was particularly interested in seeing the Seaplane Harbour Museum, so I stopped off there also.

The Old Town city area was interesting, and you'll see from the pictures from that follow and old city wall, the central garden area as well as a city tram. Following this are are few general pictures from the bus tour and then from the Seaplane Harbour Museum.

I have to say the Seaplane Harbour Museum was a bit of a disappointment. I was expecting to see some seaplanes, but instead it was more of a maritime museum with only a single replica seaplane and lots of ships, a submarine, some tanks. There was a moving simulator plane which was a bit of fun... loops and rolls etc :-) At least the submarine was interesting, and I was able to walk through it. The "Lembit" was launched in 1936 and was built by Vickers and Armstrongs in Great Britain.

Anyway, here are some photos. My next post will have a lot more from the old town centre and some of the attractions in there... Enjoy!


















No comments: