Wednesday 31 August 2011

Europe Trip 2011 #1: Visit to London

Finally a blog update!

To recap, I arrived in London on Saturday afternoon [UK time]. Surprisingly, with a brisk walk from the aircraft to the immigration counters, and I was around # 8 in line, so I was through in nothing more than 5 minutes. It took longer for me to get my suitcase and wait for the pre-ordered taxi! Even then, I probably spent only 20-25 minutes in the airport terminal. So very easy this time!

I've been light on touristy things, having spent a couple of days with family, getting to know my new niece [photos on FB for those of you who have access to my FB wall]. Yesterday I did get out for a few hours, taking the tube into the Embankment station, and wandering around that area for a while, followed by taking a trip on the DLR [Docklands Light Rail]. All in all, a nice relaxing time.

Photos from this tripping around are just three photos from around Parliament. the first from across the Thames, the second from a bridge with Parliament on the left and the London Eye on the right. The last is from the parliamentary grounds [I think]




2 comments:

Allister said...

Those are some really nice photos Rodney. There's something really soft about the colours and the composition is great.

Rodney said...

Thanks Allister! I did play with these a bit by upping the EV by 1 to compensate for the bright background. I'm quite pleased how they turned out!

Cheers!

Rodney