Wednesday 9 January 2013

My very own "Unexpected Journey". Hobbits not included.

I arrived home this evening to find some mail in the letter box. Opening it up, I found that it was a letter from the BNZ with my new "netguard" card [which is used as a second factor of authentication when accessing their internet banking].

Unexpected, and surprising. Why? You'll see why soon.

I immediately phoned BNZ to discuss this development, and while on hold, I then tried logging into BNZ's internet banking site. It accepted my access code, my password, and prompted me to use the new "netguard" card, which I did and it was accepted.

The following page then appeared:

BNZ Internet banking error - click for a larger version

In short, it wouldn't let me in!

It's a pity, but not altogether surprising, since I have not been a BNZ customer for about 12 months now! It appears that when I closed my accounts, my internet banking was not shut off properly. Still, it didn't actually let me in, so that is good.

Funny thing is that they still had to verify my identity before properly closing it off. banking access code [yes, I could remember it!], name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address [and not my "normal" one] and drivers licence number [also remembered], so that went smoothly.

It appears to be all shut down now. Darn. I was hoping that I had won some money and could retire young :-) Yeah right!

No comments: