Monday 24 August 2009

Welcome to Wellington: Lyall Bay

Kia ora/ gidday/ hello!

In this first series post in my new blog, I wanted to introduce you to some of the local natural sights of my adopted hometown of Wellington, New Zealand before I head overseas.

Wellington is a fantastic place... the weather can be interesting at times, there's a saying - you can't beat Wellington on a nice day! I think that these pictures start to show this.

Last weekend was an absolute stunner, and so I got out and about with my new camera [a Canon EOS 450d], put on the 18-55 IS [image stabilised] lens and started snapping. Here are some of the photos I took.

These two pictures are on the south-western corner of Lyall Bay. Lyall Bay itself is right next to Wellington International Airport and only about 15 minutes from the CBD. The first picture looks out across the southern approach to the Wellington harbour entrance - the hills in the distance are the southern part of Rimutaka Ranges. The second looks towards the south. Lyall Bay itself [to the left of these pictures] is quite a sandy beach, although that is perhaps a-typical with most of Wellington's coastline being quite rugged as shown in these pictures.

I hope you enjoy these pictures - feel free to leave a comment is you want to!


No comments: